Recently I came across an article on Huffington Post by Zoe Triska that caught my eye. With the enticing title, “11 Lessons that ‘Jane Eyre’ can tech every 21st century woman about how to live well,” I thought of the many brides that I’ve had the honor to marry.
While “Jane Eyre” was written in 1847, the book has something important to say to us today. The author holds that there are 11 important takeaways from this renowned story. Here they are:
1. You can overcome your past, no matter how difficult.
2. You will shall decide your destiny.
3. Tell the guy you want to date him already!
4. Loving and respecting yourself are essential, and is the key to independence.
5. Be positive.
6. Don’t ever let anyone tell you can’t do something, just because you’re a woman.
7. You are stronger than you think.
8. “Beauty is in the eye of the gazer.”
9 The possibilities for life are endless for those who take risks.
10. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind.
11. If you choose to get married, do so only for love.
Have a great week!